Samsung, the South-Korean based smartphone giant is known for its famous Galaxy series. Ranked as the best smartphone company, it is not looking back. Its flagship device S8 became a hit and with its new Note device around the corner, the company is fully active.
The company is also planning to follow multiple paths in manufacturing phones with additional models soon to hit markets. While it Tizen models is almost confirmed, a new flip phone is expected to be released.
Everyone may not like smartphones, some prefer the old-school style. Maybe that is the reason, Samsung went for a flip phone in this overly smartphone-dominated market. But the flip phone is not for everyone as the cost is very high.
The important features and specifications of this device are:
- Battery - 1950 mAh battery can last a long time as the device has less power-demanding hardware
- Display - The phone has a dual OLED display with the outer screen being 4.2-inch
- Processor - Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Processor
- Memory - 64GB will be more than enough for a power user
- Camera - 12 Megapixel rear camera and 5 Megapixel front camera
- It also includes Samsung Pay, Wireless Charging and a Fingerprint Sensor
- Colours - The phone will be available in two colours - Gold and Black
- Price - This high-end phone costs a whopping $ 3000 USD as per rumours
The device which was in China from a while back is expected to be released to the South Korean markets soon and the release of the devices in other countries is not yet known.
A local telecom operator in Korea said, "“I cannot confirm the launch date but the new phone will be launched soon in Korea.”
The conventional design looks very good and with all the new technologies, the phone may not face any issues to make its way into people hands. But the price for average users is too high and let us hope that Samsung will develop more flip phones similarly built to win the old school users hearts.