For most people out there in India, or for that matter in any part of the world, it’s a difficult thing to save money. There are many things which can be done by anybody wanting to save some money without changing lifestyle he or she is adapted to. Following are a few ways which can help with saving money for difficult times.
- Many people aim towards saving a large amount of money and then get depressed when they fail to do so. But, trying to save a lot of money is a huge mistake in itself and one should always try and save little amount of money once in a month or maybe once in 15 days.
- Shopping is another activity which can make a person spend more than what he or she originally aimed for. The lure of designer stores and the colorful catalogs just entice men and women into buying more and more items for themselves.
- It would be a good idea to make a definite list of shopping and stick to it as well.
- Buying in bulk and buying during the sale season are also good ideas for saving money.
- Credit cards are a necessary evil. So, using a credit card only and only in times of emergency will save a lot of money.
- It’s very necessary to pay all debts on time for avoiding unnecessary charges like late fees and interest charges.
- Spending too much money on clothes and cosmetics may seem like a good thing while being surrounded with money but it can also lead towards a lot of debts.
- Online shopping is a good way of saving a lot of money. All online shops offer a lot if deals and discounts and most of them offer free shipping as well.
- Renting DVD-S and books is a better idea than buying them. Downloading e-books from the internet also helps with saving money.
- All electronic appliances in the house such as television and computer should be unplugged when they are not being used. Investing in LED bulbs is a great idea for saving electricity.
- Doing all household work by yourself will save you from the cost of hiring a maid.
- It’s better to go for an outdoor tour with your family rather than for a movie. Multiplexes in India are known to overprice their tickets to outrageous extent.
- Using coupons for grocery shopping will save money. For example, there are plenty of apps which offer discounts and coupons. A good example of such an app is Grabon.
- Selling unwanted products on sites like quikr and OLX will help with earning some extra money.
- Giving tuitions can help a person with earning some pocket money.
- A landline phone should not be used when all the members of a family have a cell phone each.
- Driving the car only when it’s required will save a person from buying petrol at a highprice.
- It’s important to etch out a proper budget so that a person can always keep the earnings and expenses in check.
- Shopping malls should be avoided at all cost because they are designed to lure people into spending extra. For example, all check-out counters at shopping malls have various types of chocolates/candies so that people buy them.
- Don’t end up buying things just because other people are doing the same. You may not even need it!
So, hopefully all the above 20 ways to save money will help all the readers with saving a lot of money for hard times.